Schenck writes with authority...Marketing issues are presented as real-world problems with real-world solutions....
Whether you run a single-person home office, a small firm, or even a local nonprofit, to succeed in today’s changing, hyper-competitive marketplace, you need to know everything you can about finding, winning and keeping customers—marketing in other words. The competitive lifeline of any business, large or small, marketing isn’t just about placing an ad in the local penny saver—it’s about establishing an ongoing dialogue between you and your customers that influences nearly every phase of your operation, from product development, pricing, packaging and distribution, to advertising, public relations, sales, and customer service.
Small Business Marketing For Dummies is your road map to successful marketing. Packed with savvy tips and easy-to-implement action steps, this street smart guide arms you with the ammunition you need to survive and thrive in the war for profits and market share. You get proven strategies that help you:
- Expand your customer base
- Earn your customers’ undying loyalty
- Get more repeat business and customer referrals
- Get the word out with low-cost, high-impact campaigns
- Generate publicity and word-of-mouth
- Stay one-step ahead of the competition
Find out why don’t have to have to have a million-dollar marketing budget to wage a solid-gold marketing campaign. Experts Barbara Findlay Schenck and Linda English walk you step-by-step through the entire marketing process, offering sage advice and guidance on:
- Developing a winning marketing strategy
- Defining your target market and customer profile
- Creating a killer marketing plan
- Establishing your position and brand
- Creating effective low-cost advertising campaigns
- Writing high-impact press releases and television and radio ads
- Marketing on the Internet—includes proven tips for how to build a website and generate online traffic
- Building customer loyalty with superior customer service
There are currently five million small businesses with fewer than 20 employees in America, and that number is expected to rise steadily over the next decade. Small Business Marketing For Dummies supplies you with the marketing know-how you need to stay out ahead of the pack.